Old 05-13-08, 08:49 PM
w2brdbkr

Bikes: Raleigh SC30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1st century getting closer

Less then three weeks before I do my first century. I am doing the Elephant Rock century & have plans to get there the day before so I don't have to get up so early & drive the day of the ride.

I'm getting excited, not sure what to expect, some of my friends that have done e-rock & have ridden with me this last week or so say; I'll do just fine.

In the last couple of months I will have put over 1,000 miles on my bike, which includes lots of hill climbing, flat riding, & some recovery rides.

A co-worker was the one that talked me into signing up but has since backed out. My best friend that I ride with also backed out so I thought I was going to be riding solo, but there are 4 people from this new group that I have been riding with that are doing it so that will be fun.

Last weekend I rode 70 miles, this weekend I plan on doing the same, maybe even a little farther & then for the last couple of weeks I'll just do some shorter rides during the week.

Next weekend is busy with graduation & the Bolder Boulder on Memorial Day, which I'm walking so after that it is only 6 days.

At least when I'm done I can say; been there, done it, & have the Jersey to prove it.