Thread: My first ride
View Single Post
Old 05-14-08, 08:55 AM
WilsonZone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
devildogmech, thanks for your reply. You mentioned that solid tires are junk. Could you elaborate on that? I'm just wondering why you (or anyone else) would consider them junk?

lil brown bat, from what I am able to gather the woman who is selling the bikes just want to get rid of them. My wife is considering offering $150 for both bikes and feels she will accept the offer. If not, I'll give them back to her. She does have a bike pump that came with the bike and as soon as she finds it she will give it to me. To be honest this is not the bike I want, but these are bikes my kids probably would like riding when I do finally get my "dream bike". They are getting older though, and only one of them is below driver's license age. This is the bike I'd like to get but I'm a little short of their asking price. My wife still feels this is only a fad and I will quickly tire of it.

I plan on taking the bike to my LBS this weekend (depending on if she accepts my offer), but in the meantime I'm still riding it. I hope this won't do more harm than good. Last night I found the PSI on the side of the tire and filled both tires with air. Front tire was completely flat and the rear tire barely had enough air in it to keep it off the ground. I will replace both tubes and tires soon. After riding it for a bit my legs started burning again and I almost gave up and headed home, but stopped to watch some softball players for a couple minutes. After that, I was ready to go again. I think my problem was I would constantly pedal instead of coasting once in a while. When I'd coast for a bit, my legs would rest up enough to continue going. I went quite a bit further last night than the 2 miles I did on Sunday. I even stopped at home to grab a bike lock and empty backpack and rode to the grocery store for grapefruit, carrots and other healthy foods. I road about 5.5 miles last night.

Today I'm going to stop on my way home and buy a helmet. I had been riding without one (I know, I know) and since I know I'm going to continue riding I feel I better go ahead and invest in one. I'd like to get some lights too, last night riding until 11 PM it was a bit too dark. Anything I need to look for when shopping for lights?

Also, why does my chest hurt so much?? I thought my legs would ache and they are a little sore but not near as bad as my chest. I feel like I've been lifting weights with both arms.

Thanks for being patient with this newbie's questions.