Old 05-14-08, 11:04 AM
pgoat
Batüwü Griekgriek

Bikes: 1986 Trek 500 Tri Series, 2005 Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Commuting bike (In backpack/messenger bag/rear rack trunk): New tube, patch kit (only for emergencies - second flat), presta-to-schrader valve adapter, pump (Topeak Road Morph, baby!), Specialized prybabies (The best!), park mini chain tool, folding set of allen wrenches, two small adjustable wrenches and a roll of electrical tape (Duct tape is too heavy/bulky). I too carry a headlight and clear UV lenses just in case it gets dark, and a cargo net to bungee down unexpected swag. I always keep a folded windbreaker back there and some painkillers....ya never know.

I used to also carry a set of folding screwdrivers and a small Swiss army knife, but someone gave me a knock-off leatherman (I call it the "Pleatherman") which does all that plus gives me pliers and a nail file.

After specific commutes, I've wanted to add a .357 magnum or a baseball bat at times (wait - are those 'tools'?)

Road bike (under saddle bag): two spare tubes, abbreviated patch kit, tiny bike multi-tool, mini swiss army knife. Same pump, strapped to frame or shoved in rear jersey pocket.