View Single Post
Old 05-14-08, 02:08 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Just a few things to remember- Eat and drink. The two main rules for completing any long ride. Don't get drawn into going at too fast a pace for you. If the group you are with are too fast- drop out and pick up another group----Or make your own. 70 miles is the danger point. (For me it is 80 miles) so around 65 miles---Stop- Eat- drink a bit extra- take a gel and take a stretch. Don't stop for more than 5 minutes- Or if you do not want to stop- Keep riding and eat- drink and stretch on the move.

And hope every meal between now and Sunday is Pasta- Rice- Sticky buns and Protein. All at the same time if you can manage it.

Good luck but for that 65 to 80 mile stop- keep a treat in reserve. I normally take some of my favourite Chocolate bar for this time. Taste is great after hours of energy drink and cereal bars and the sugar content gives me a boost. And if you do not use gels at present- Go to the LBS and buy 3 tomorrow. 2 for the ride and one to take tomorrow to make certain it will not disagree with you.

Spike Milligan