View Single Post
Old 10-13-04, 11:33 AM
d2create

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Assumming this person is talking about one lane of traffic in each direction, I agree with EVERYTHING he said. And i think it's cyclists' egos that make the whole car/bicylce situation worse for cyclists. I am fortunate enough to live in an area where all main roads are at least two lanes wide on each side. But when i'm on a small residential road i always make sure that other traffic can pass me if they need to. The road may be my only choice, but i am considerate to cars in hopes that they will be considerate to me when needed. If i see a car purposely wait for me to pass before pulling out I give a thankful wave. When i have to move into a busy intersection I make sure i pedal my a$$ off so they at least see i'm making an effort and then i move over as soon as possible.
I know there are going to be assmunches out there that will treat a cyclist poorly now matter how we treat them back, but for the most part we need to realize that they do have the "bigger guns" and we need to respect the fact that the roads WERE built for them, not us. Be grateful that we are givin the right to share the road with them in the first place. Maybe you'll even save your own butt.