View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 11:06 AM
kenshinvt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevetone
My stoker couldn't reach the usual water bottle mount, so I put the cage in the center of the stoker bar and mounted the pump where the water bottle usually sits. The water bottle bracket is a Minoura BH-60. I ordered it through Amazon, but check around for prices (MSRP is $5). The cages themselves are all PlanetBikes.
I was having the same problem with her not being able to reach the bottle. We were remedying it by me handing her back a bottle while we were in motion. In retrospect, that's not really ideal. I'll be on the lookout for that attachment.

Originally Posted by stevetone
I really like the MTX QuickTrack system for mounting the bag. However, there are some shopping trips that I could use a bigger carrier, as the DX bag is not very large. Ideally, I would like to mount a QuickTrack bracket on the bottom of a milk crate, but haven't figured that out quite yet...
There is always the DXP bag which is 1500 ci instead of the DX bag's 800 ci. I went with the new 2008 model DXP bag which is only 1220 ci. Mainly because I just really liked the look of it and the updated materials.

Considering you would need to somehow get your hands on a bracket to make that crate modification, you may just want to shell out for their MTX rear basket. Probably would look a lot nicer too