unixpro
Laid back bent rider

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
I'm willing to try riding in the slop, but from what other people are saying, a 'bent isn't a wise choice for doing so. BTW, I at one point was considering a tadpole, but their too pricey for me and hauling one after a break down would be difficult.
I ride in slop without any issues. I might go a little slower, but I still get there. This fall I think I'll be getting a fairing, which should keep my hands and feet much drier as well as providing some wind relief.

I would also recommend a better bike than the Sun. My Giro is built as a commute/work bike, and it's performed well for me. I would recommend that whatever bike you get, you invest in good Kevlar reinforced tires. On a ride that long, you'll undoubtedly be going over some stuff that won't be tire-friendly, and you don't want to (1) have to replace a tube in the rain and/or (2) use your only spare, get another flat on the same ride, and try to find the hole in one or the other tube without having some water to drop the tube into. Don't ask how I know these things .