Old 05-15-08, 01:01 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
you can misquote the study as well as I , invisible hand. that conclusion was from before they decided to distill the looking at the different types of WCL/BL disignations..... upon further analyssis, the conclusion was a reduction in conflict in the BL over WCL streets.

I stand by the statement that the Hunter study shows"BL reduce intersection conflicts over WCL."

if you want to argue minutae, or the validity of sampling data or analysis, please start another thread about the vailidity of sampling data in the 1999 Hunter data...

the recent federal "increasing bicyclist safety" report also quotes the Hunter studys' conclusions and reiterated this fact..... I would consider this commonly accepted knowledge, albiet anathema to the vehement antiacomodationalists- and one the majority of bonifide bicycle tranportation engineers would conclude. Fearmongering obstructionists are not bound to reason, however.

I also stand by my statement John Schubert is misinforming his readers, ambulance chasing and fearmongering and should resign his ACA editorship.

Last edited by Bekologist; 05-15-08 at 01:08 PM.