View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 02:43 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Sorry to hear this, Beverly. I thought we had lured you over to the dark side. Is this because of something that has happened or are you being influenced by overly cautious advisors?

I have been pleasantly surprised at how well my back has taken to some pretty aggressive offroading. Even the hardtail wasn't causing me problems until I started doing faster rides for longer distances on rougher terrain, making the full suspension bike more appealing. Maybe a Thudbuster could help.
I'll never give up the road bikes but at the present I can't stand to pedal due to numbness in the left leg. I'm scheduled for some physical therapy starting next week. Hopefully this will remedy the problem.

I've still been riding 50-75 miles each week and I've learned to take most hills around here while sitting and spinning I was able to ride the reserve near home which has some 5-10% grades last week. I'm sure the new 520 with it's lower gears will take most hills I encounter.

Being stretched out on the road bikes really does seem to help

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith