Old 05-15-08, 07:24 PM
hoverfly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Many grocery stores will make you a custom sandwich in their deli section--they are usually happy to make me a cheese & veggy sandwich--with extra cheese instead of lunch meat. And, you can usually find a side salad while you wait (potato, macaroni, slaw, etc., depending upon your diet restrictions.)

Also, if you add corn to beans, you get a complete protein (says my trainer)--I'd bring a can opener and plan to buy a can of vegetarian chili in a pinch.

Mexican places in small towns usually offer vegetarian burritos (beans & cheese, sometimes with added stuff like rice, veggies, etc.,) sometimes just labeled as "bean burritos".

I also eat fish, so tuna in packages works well when I need a protein boost.

Oh, and a cheese pizza can always be found.

I find vegetarian (pescetarian in my case) eating pretty easy (I buy lunch at restaurants/stores every day and dinner several days per week) and I live in the mountain-west region.

As far as safety -- will you be able to carry a cell phone? if so, what about a gps phone with live web updating? (so your friends and family can always hop online at anytime and see where you are at in real time.)

Last edited by hoverfly; 05-15-08 at 07:30 PM.