Old 05-16-08, 04:59 PM
mikevaiana

Bikes: Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Car Triggered Light?

Hi, I am brand new to commuting and serious biking. I need to sell my car and I just bought a Trek 520 and plan to get around that way from now on. I'm really excited but I also have a few questions after just a few days of riding.

When your at a light that only responds to the weight of a car being stopped at it (like a small side street meeting a main road), what is the proper way to cross, or turn left. Should I use the pedestrian push button on the poll, or should I just wait until its clear?

I know this is not the right place, but its a quick question...

How do you set up your bike, interms of where you keep your locks and bottles and everythign? I have a water bottle on the down tube and seat tube, and I hang a U-lock from the top tube, but it has to hang alittle to the side b/c the water bottles would be in the way. But I was also thinking about getting a frame pump soon and a patch kit. Do you just throw these things in your bag? I read that the pump should be attached directly to the bike. But I can't imagine where because with the lock and the bottles there is no room.

Also REAL quick....the strap that connects my ulock to the bike is fairly loose, it won't tighten anymore though bc it clicks up to different tightening positions and the next one is too tight so it won't lock to that position. What can I do about this?