View Single Post
Old 05-17-08, 11:29 AM
alohaboy

Bikes: '08 Specialized Allez Elite, Trek 7200, Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I took advantage of the great temps we're having here in Houston to test ride some bikes.
I tested an '07 Marin Bolinas Ridge that Sun & Ski had for $299 (from $429). I went in thinking I'd like it based on Marin reviews here and the fact that it was originally priced higher than the others I was looking at, but didn't care for it. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it just didn't feel right.
Next I went to REI to test the K2. I'll end up returning it. The bike just didn't feel solid for some reason.
Then went to my LBS and tested a Specialized Hardrock Sport, Trek 4300 (which was only $379) and a Gary Fisher Wahoo, I think. (Don't remember b/c it was out of my price range. :-) )
I couldn't tell much difference between the Hardrock and 4300, so went on looks. I'm now the proud owner of a black Specialized Hardrock Sport to go with my Specialized Allez Elite road bike. (I know, I know, the thread is useless w/o pictures, but I'm still waiting on my Crank Brothers Eggbeater SL pedals, which should arrive later in the week.)
I'm starting to feel like a Specialized shill, especially since both bikes and pairs of shoes are from them, but I really like the stuff they put out.
I'll post some pics once I get the pedals put on.