Old 05-20-08, 02:38 PM
iamstuffed

Bikes: K2 Zed 4.0, Cannondale Synapse Alloy 2, Bike Friday Tikit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mconlonx
Maybe I'm really wrong-headed, and not up to speed on what to expect from Bike Friday, specifically. And very glad to see that you got things worked out.

But.

You contact a company you have not spent a dime with in respect to the bike in question and expect them to step-n-fetchit with free research and information? If it's something they have at their fingertips and can supply without great difficulty, great, but maybe asking for more is being a bit overbearing or expecting a bit much? I don't know of many companies that would go out of their way to provide such service for free--doesn't Waterford charge for a provenance report?

I'm super happy that BF is willing to go out of their way to do this service for you--good on them!--but dang, I think sometimes people expect a bit much...
eh?

*To be clear, the bike wasn't used in the traditional sense. It was a demo bike that had never been purchased*

I bought a Bike Friday Tikit from a Bike Friday dealer and the dealer couldn't help me. By your logic, any customer who buys a Bike Friday bike from a dealer shouldn't get any support from Bike Friday.

In the end, I'm happy with the Tikit and they did help me.

Last edited by iamstuffed; 05-20-08 at 02:43 PM.