Old 05-21-08, 02:45 AM
The_Spaniard

Bikes: Lemond Zurich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony V
Thanks for the info. guys.I was'nt going to eat meat on the ride.The thing is, a guy in my bike group seems to think it takes up to six days for meat to get out your system.I don't want carry any fat in my stomach while doing the ride.
i dont understand why that is said, usually the people that tell me that are vegans or vegetrians, i got nothing against them just saying. but yeah from my knowledge meat should be pretty much be digested anywhere from 4 to 6 hours depending on the size of the meal. im thinkin what they mean for meat being in the system for 6 days is a bit of it my stick to the outsides of your large intestine just kuz its a bit hard for you body to digest some forms of proteins and fats. but i guess some fiber while you eat meat would clear that up. ok so i just looked it up, and to my understanding i kinda was right, it says that some of the meat cna get stuck in the intestine. apparently its called colon plaque. i wouldnt worry about it, im pretty sure a little bit of allot of oyur food will do the same.