patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
There's a lotta Zen on that thar Single Track boys

Got out on the Fly Ti again this AM, over to Goosepond Mtn. State Park. Got off the main fire road on the way back and into some of the way cool and not very technical (befitting my incredibly limited MTB skills) single track. What a great friggin ride. The park looked like the Shire this morning, nobody but me, gorgeous day, spring was busting out. Then I come up into this amazing grassy meadow, and at the top, right where there were awesome views of the park, somebody had put in a natural wood bench in the middle of this empty field. I saw there was a plaque with an inscription. Turns out it was a memorial to one Lawrence Tully, who loved to hike and bike in the park and passed away last year. I took a break, sat on Larry's bench and enjoyed the same view he must have loved.

It was truly one of those Oh THIS is Why I Do This Idiot Sport Moments. It was like 'ol Larry was right there on the bench next to me (with Frodo, it was awfully like the Shire this AM).

The Fly MTB floated like a butterfly, stung like a bee (well, mostly floated, no bike stings like a bee when Pcad rides it). Got the SID dialed in (got a pump, read the manual) and man, that bike is just the ****. 22 miles, 8 of them in the woods, gotta do some more MTB riding. It soothes the Road Nazi soul.

Oh yes. Days like this are totally why I ride a bicycle. That new MTB is topping off that Pcad Cycling Zen in ways I didn't expect. This ROCKS.