Old 04-25-02, 12:58 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally posted by wabbit
From what I gather, Stone Mountain is sort of near atlanta- like a burb? (Like Kennesaw Mountain).
Yes, Stone Mountain is a satellite city of Atlanta, about 12 miles away as the crow flies. The park itself is a nice place to ride a bike, with 25 mph. speed limits and free access by bicycle, nice natural surroundings, good hills if you want to climb. Also, as Raymond said, once you find your way around [Atlanta] by bicycle, there are a lot of great ways to get around without ever leaving the street.

I don't mind Atlanta being called "bad for cyclists," because I figure the pressure will only help my interests.

By the way, that injured cyclist you saw. He said the car came onto the bike path and hit him. Well, I don't know exactly how that happened, but I can say this: many bike paths that follow next to the road are crossed by dozens and dozens of driveways, sidestreets and other entrance/exits for cars. This is the main reason I left the path, because of so many near misses (and pedestrians, etc.) I think a car is very likely to hit a cyclist on many of these paths.