Old 05-21-08, 01:02 PM
wanders
going roundy round

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ljrichar
I was so close to doing this as my first race last night. Instead I opted for my usual Tues. Night Farmers Market ride. After hearing this, I'm kind of glad I did. I think I'm going to try Ace next Tues. for my first time, as it appears to be safer. Wanders, are you going to continue to do all the Dixie races? I'll try one out at some point soon. On a side note, are doing 3 Mountain Madness next weekend?
Yes on the entire Dixie series. It's 2 miles from where I work and it's perfect for me to work on one of my (many) weaker points-cornering at speed surrounded by people who have almost as little skill as me over the worst possible surfaces in the state of NC........but I digress. Come on out, it's a blast. I'll make you look good.

I would suggest Ace as a first race. My first race was at Orange County Speedway which is an oval like Ace. I'm thankful that was my first instead of Dixie.

I'm hoping to get a furlough to do the Fayetteville crit Monday. If so, that will expend all of the accumulated goodwill I have, so I doubt I'll be able to do the 3 mountain ride. Blood Sweat and Gears is on the schedule.