Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
New Cervelo P2C Time Trial Bike

Last year I posted that I was going to get a TT bike. About a month ago, I pulled the trigger and purchased the bike. It is equipped with D/A throughout and Easton Carbon TT bars with Carbon brake levers. The cranks are 54/42 and the cassette is a ten speed D/A 11/23. We took a stock P2C and stripped the frame. I retained the stock wheels that came with the bike for training. I rode the bike with the stem flipped down and it is okay but for training and until my neck stretches a bit, I flipped it up. I can also adjust the handlebar height by the spacers. The ride is a total rush and with my TT training and races on the tandem last year, riding the Cervelo is no problem.

For wheel selection, I chose the Zipp disc Sub9 and the HED.3c. I may be one of the first to get the Sub9 since Zipp started shipping it last Thursday. http://www.zipp.com/Products/Wheels/...ld=ISBN%2CISBN According to Zipp, the Sub9 can generate a negative drag coefficient at certain wind angles.

The HED.3c is very interesting technology. Each spoke is shaped like an airplane wing with a leading and trailing edge. It is optimized to reduce drag in at certain angles of yaw into the wind. http://www.hedwheels.com/default.asp...rid=5&langid=1

Tires are Tufo tubulars 195.

Cervelo set up for training.

Easton carbon TT bars with Polar CS 200 wireless HRM with cadence.

Drive train

Race setup

Sub9 Zipp disc

HED.3c

My wife and I are racing on Saturday in a 9.7 mile TT as individuals and then within a few minutes race another 9.7 mile TT on the tandem. It has been very windy lately and hopefully the wind will die down for Saturday. My wife is angling and suggesting that she race the Sub9 / Hed setup and I race on the Eastons. Go figure.