Old 10-15-04, 08:07 PM
xyz
Banned.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6072 Post(s)
Liked 894 Times in 712 Posts
Originally Posted by DragonMistress
I"m all about the cheap and budget way of doing this but that sounds out there even for me to buy into it. I can't imagine getting a bike tire full of 60psi 'leaves and grass'. Yes, TECHNICALLY the idea COULD work if one had a ready source of hay and a device to pack it tightly and evenly into the tire, or even more likely, if one had enough hay and electrical tape to make a torus shape in exactly the peramiters of one's tire, taped firmly into place to make it as hard as a properly inflated inner tube...but it'd still be hell to mount.

I can no way see myself sitting at the side of the road pulling up grass and stuffing it halphazardly into my tire. I CAN see rim damage, spoke damage, lumps, bumps, decreased shock absorbency, and ruining the tires.

If you don't like this idea talk to Scott Kaier at;
http://www.onionriver.com/

He says to "leave one side of the tire bead hooked to the rim and cram the opening with as much soft stuff as you can find. Install the other bead and away you go". "It sounds absurd, but it really works."

This is not a way to finish the last 20 miles of a ride at top speed, but you could limping home at 8 mph would be faster than walking.