patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Any other Ti hardtail owners out there?

Just got that Fly Ti hard tail, and I wanted to share some observations. I also ride a Ti road bike. In comparison:

• The rear triangle of the Fly Ti has far more vertical compliance than the Ibis Ti Road. It feels much mushier. For me that's perfect for an MTB, it's almost like a hard tail with a rear suspension effect. At the same time the BB and front end are quite solid. That was precisely what I was hoping for when I ordered the bike, but I was surprised @ how well the frame rides, particularly in the woods.

• The Ibis Ti road that I ride exhibits just about none of that rear triangle mushiness, only some vertical compliance that absorbs road shock and really big bumps, but it's much more rigid than the MTB.

I've been a Ti fan for 17 years, and now I'm a bigger Ti fan. Great material for a bike frame. Nothing really feels quite as good. If you own a Ti MTB, wondering what your impressions of your own particular ride are. This Ti hard tail is so much better than my previous 3 MTBs (all hard tails) it's rather amazing.