View Single Post
Old 05-23-08, 08:47 PM
oceanfx

Bikes: small Alpha Mercury with flatbar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you really want to, go for a couple of brakeless rides and see if it's for you. I did for a few days and found I couldn't ride like a jerk, so I put a front brake on and now I'm a menace in traffic. And I'm recommending this because I'm assuming you wouldn't do it without being really comfortable a) on a bike, b) your bike, c) fixed ,and d) you've practised riding brakeless even on y our braked bike (whatever the hell this means...for some people it's riding really mellow and resisting a lot, for some people it's skidding all the time...whateva.)

edit: brake levers are extremely cheap...I'd recommend getting the $15 generic one from your LBS. While you're there, you can show them your handlebars, and they might have the weird tool for your brake spec. or know some weird hipster method of getting damaged screws out, handed down to them from starbucks barristas? Or they might tell you you're boned, but then you'd know for sure. Unless they're a crappy LBS then they might tell you you're boned just because they are weak in spirit.

Last edited by oceanfx; 05-23-08 at 08:54 PM.