bradenCBC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Halcyon Days;6745735]
Originally Posted by bradenCBC
The Kazane is 4130 too.

I say go withe Kazane because Stratton and I have been friends for years. In that time he has actively support local racing by running clubs, putting on races, sponsoring racing teams, and giving prizes to alleycat races (as well as getting me into the sport). Not that they Bareknuckle is not an equal bike but EAI has not done any of those things. Support the guys who support you back...

Braden[/QUOTE

So you recommend a particular brand because it's owned by your friend? Certainly nothing wrong with the suggestion that people take a look at a friend's product... But, how credible is your claim that " EAI has not done any of those things" ? What do you even know about EAI's history in the sport and with sponsorship? Answer: Nothing. Either that or you're just completely biased because as you admitted, Stratton is your friend.

Look, Stratton ( I don't know him ) may very well be one of the nicest guys in the industry; Kazane is probably a very decent frame ( never seen, or ridden one) and you certainly have every right to recommend whoever you want to. But you're way off the mark with your claim of EAI's lack of support and sponsorship. Thing is, many people in the sport and on this forum know a little something of EAI's contribution to racers, clubs, organizers and cycling in general, so it was only a matter of time before somebody called bs on you.

Recommend whatever and whoever you want. But about stuff you know nothing about, STFU.
EAI has not been involved in grass roots level stuff in some time. Their connection to elite level track racing through riders like Josiah Ng and their support of ADT event center is NOT the same as supporting the level of the sport that people on this board are more likely to be involved in. The earlier post about EAI's early history is just that HISTORY. This year I have seen Kazane/Keirin Culture be VERY active in supporting track racing at the grass roots level through a variety of channels.

I deal with EAI on a weekly basis and they are good guys but their interest in the sport does not cover the average beginner track racer (except selling parts to their LBS so they can buy them).

Throughout the bike industry there are always going to be companies that take different approaches to supporting different parts of the sport. Weather you compare a company like Timbuk2 (great product, great history, different company now...) to ReLoad (great product, great history, currently actively supporting many alleycat races) or EAI to guys like Stratton, IRO, and so on there are always going to be reasons to go in either direction. In the case of the Bare Knuckle vs. Kazane the man behind the latter makes a big effort to promote cycling (not just his brand) right here in my home town (as well as other places like Atlanta) by promoting races and sponsoring riders at all levels of the sport from professional track cyclists like Jeff Hopkins to local bike messengers that have crossed over to racing.

There are plenty of companies like EAI and Oschner that have a really great past but this year there are new guys who have taken up cause as larger companies out grow their grassroots past. I don't expect the bigger import companies to change their way of doing business and return to supporting the little guy because they don't need to. There will always smaller companies like Kazane, ReLoad, IRO, Richard Sachs, ALAN North America, Red Rose, Bailey Works and so on... that do focus on the sport at MY level.