Old 05-26-08, 06:59 AM
sumguy

Bikes: 08 Novara Safari; 06 Schwinn Super Sport DBX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aloyzius
There were some preproduction photos out there that didn't have the lowrider braze-ons. But I'm almost certain the real bike does.

As far as the bike goes, I like it a lot, but I don't know about the riding position. It doesn't look like I could get the handlebars high enough to suit me comfortably for long rides. It looks kind of like the posture I have on my mountain bike, which isn't that great after a few hours. If you can deal with the frame geometry, then I think it's a good deal, and a nice bike. Sometimes, like on my roadie, you can flip the stem, and it's just enough. But I haven't tried it with the Sojourn.

Word on the street though, is that it's kind of a limited run, and they're getting harder to find. So good luck, whatever you decide. I've got to work a few more saturdays, before I can afford a new tourer, so I'm probably out of luck. We'll see.
That would be my luck on them being a limited run. I waited too long and missed the REI sale and wouldn't be surprised if I was unable to order one of these as well.
I would love to test ride one but no one has them on hand locally. Haven't ridden drops since '88 and have never used bar end shifters. Definitely going with disc brakes and have attached a spec sheet of disc equipped bikes I've considered. How much extra maintenance would the leather wraps be for use in 4 season commuting?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bikes.pdf (82.4 KB, 33 views)