View Single Post
Old 05-26-08, 09:39 PM
bab2000

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tpelle
IThe only problem from the saddle is a kind of "bruised" feeling - I don't how else to describe it - that starts to set in about 15 miles or so into the ride.
This sounds has if your sit area is being starved of blood and tissues need better circulation. Standing is a good option, stopping and stretching as well.

I road my first century nearly 35 years ago, and did so getting off the bike at the half way point for some food and drink, then completed the ride without a stop.

Afterwards, I could have sworn I was wearing the bike seat (not a Brooks) for a week afterwards. Even warm baths provided no relieve. I will admit, I new no better, very little exposure to other riders, information was not shared unless part of a club, and two friends who talked we to ride with them, just assumed I knew. (They had both ridden two or more cross country tours before I had met).

Enjoy your rides, take a camer along and share some photos, if riding alone, best way to share the experience with freinds, and others. Never can tell, others may want to join you...