Old 05-28-08, 01:34 AM
doraemonkey
Senior Membre

Bikes: '87 Cannondale Team Comp, 98 Cannondale F900, 08 Bike Friday Tikit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome! You came all the way from NZ just to ride to Dijon? You're going farther than that aren't you? Why Dijon, and not the Loire Valley, or some other region? Glad to see that your time here was so well spent. Did you cycle alone or did you cross paths with other cyclists or locals?

I see you must have picked up a 'two second' tent at a Decathelon store. Way convenient to unfold, but I hear that they are a pain to fold back into place. What is interesting to me is seeing that you were able to integrate the tent well into your racks and paniers. Since it is a wide disk, I figured that it wouldn't go well on the racks. For now I have a tent that folds into a nice tube shape that fits snugly into a panier.

By the way, you seem quite loaded up there, what did you bring along to fit into all those bags?

Anyway, I hope to do what you did but in NZ... One of my dreams is to circumscribe the two islands. One day... How is the traffic and the roads in NZ? Do people give way to cyclists? Are there a lots of tourers?