Old 05-28-08, 08:39 PM
kclantz49

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can tell the addiction is coming, if it isn't already here. Seriously, those days where I have to drive to work or seriously miserable! They are my bike withdrawal symptoms I guess. Sometimes I do wake up and not want to bike, but that is the most important time for me to do it. I am finally know where I don't even give it a second thought, I just get on the bike and go.

I am really loving the FCR1 I think it was a really good choice to me. It is an absolute blast to ride. So easy. I am absolutely shocked every time I go up a hill just how easy it is. I could only imagine how it would be on a higher end bike.

We do get some snow here. some times you will wake up to 6 inches, but it usually is melted by noon. So, I definitely plan to continue to commute in winter, though I am thinking I will get a cheaper bike that can take some beating!

I already am adding miles on to the commute--not so much the commute in because going in is always harder--but after work I try to extend it all across town, for fun, and for things like groceries etc.

It's amazing the progress I have seen in just a short time. I seriously feel better. Work is more enjoyable, I am more focus, and I feel healthier. Granted, I am still out of shape, but I feel so much more energetic.

Also, I have come along way with traffic. At first I was absolutely terrified of the road. if I did get brave enough to ride on the road, I would always chicken out and go through the crosswalk rather than waiting for the light. Now I can just sail through the light like any other vehicle.

My other favorite thing is seeing the shock everyone has. I go a short three mile trip and when I arrive everyone is absolutely shocked that I biked it! 3 miles!!!! So, if nothing else, this is good for my ego.

I do have to apologize for the content of this post. I am writing after I took ambien, so I can't garauntee it will be coherent!