View Single Post
Old 04-27-02, 12:44 AM
Dwagenheim
In Banff, AB

Bikes: Cannondale F400, Worksman Trike (customized for hauling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sho nuff Koffee.
You are really a wealth of information. And you seem quite the businesswoman as well!
I have thought about writing a book about my upcoming experience. I guess the way I look at it is that I have to take one step at a time. I don't really even know what to expect. My goal is to journal as much of my thoughts (publically-such as this, and privately) as possible, and see how that goes. I've never been much of a writer, but that may change soon enough. I worry about keeping at it, but I don't think I'll be carrying a tape recorder like you. Another cyclist gave me an idea of buying post cards along the way and writing to yourself on the back of those. I like that idea.
For now, I only try to market myself enough to gain some product sponsorship from companies out there in order to cut my costs. I'm not the type to go out there looking for monitary support, its just not my thing. But that may change someday.
I like how you are thinking about trying to build on this experience and use it as a step towards something you could get paid to do in the future. I've thought about that too. I would love to be able to be outdoors doing what I like best and making a living. But what I think to next is, Will I enjoy this as much after its all over? That remains to be seen. So do many other things.
I will try to capture as much of my experience in photos as well as words. Maybe that will be something I can capitalize on in the future.
I am very uncertain about many things, but I feel that I will find my certainty soon enough. Right now I just want to walk that line of doing what makes me feel good and being able to afford it.

Thanks for your input and that info on that freelance site. I'm eager to complete this application for the Servas Org as well. I think that is something that will complement our tours nicely and even provide some additional worthwhile experiences. I look forward to participating.

Dave
Whirrled Peas - No War!