View Single Post
Old 10-18-04, 07:03 AM
madhouse

Bikes: '14 Bacchetta Corsa, '93 Ryan Vanguard, Action Bent SWB USS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unfortunately, it today’s society there are a lot of places where it would be inappropriate to let you child ride to school for fear of what’s lurking in the shadows. That being said, in this case the mother has already decided it would be safe for her child to ride a scooter to school… Give me a break!

I coached my son’s little league, 4th-5th graders. The circumstances don’t really matter. Bottom line after only 3 laps around the bases I had one of the kids crying and 2 more walking… and then came protective mamma bear!!! I wasn’t getting paid enough for that $#!t. I lived 8 miles from school and finally convinced my mother to LET me ride to school. (Good ole Huffy Sante Fe 10sp with the seat post cut and a piece of solid bar stock welded in the middle to lengthen it! And an analog speedometer run by a deliewop on the front axle and rotating cable!!!)

I have a feeling the schools will start restricting those scooters soon. As it is, my kid’s school when we were in Washington, wouldn’t allow the kids to ride their bikes on school property. They had to get off a walk down the 500’ driveway. In Minnesota the restriction is on the use/parking of snowmobiles!