bsyptak
Luggite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to REI and take a look at these:

http://www.rei.com/product/47811763....HP_CYCLING_TOC

They have a wind blocking front and a nylon back. No chamois, I wear my shorts under them. They are somewhat loose fitting all over, yet look nice and slim and don't flap at all in the wind. They are without a doubt the best piece of cycling clothing I have. My legs are never cold and only get hot if the temps are above 50 degrees (no need to wear them then, but it happens, like on the way home). If you get cold (maybe below 20), you can wear another layer under them and not look like the Michelin Man.

Best of all, REI will gladly take anything back and sell it at their Garage Sale twice a year. But this is one item you will never return. I'm thinking about getting another pair in case they stop making them. Manufacturers tend to do that with good stuff.
I think they are similar to Pearl Izumi Tokyo pants, though I don't think the PI's have a wind blocking front which I consider crucial.

My wife has a pair as well and loves them too. I use them on my 17 mile round trip in Denver, so our experiences should be similar.