View Single Post
Old 05-29-08, 12:14 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
Ostrich touring front handlebar bags, (Big, Japanese green canvas handlebar bags evocative of the Berthoud front bags) come with D rings and a shoulder strap stock, release a strap underneath the bag, two on the bar or holder, and you can take it with you. very conveinent.

modifying gear can sweeten the deal, that's for sure...... i'm in process of adding pullouts and stake loops on a silnylon tarptent I recently purchased to increase ventilation and foot room...
I've seen the Ostrich bags and they look very nice. I would have bought one if I didn't already have the Junior bag. I normally use it on the saddle, but as it doesn't have pockets I figured it would fit nicely on the handlebars, sure enough it does. The annoying thing was carrying it off the bike, that's where purpose designed handlebar bags are good as the Ostritch, Ortlieb etc come with a shoulder strap. Still $4 for the D rings and webbing and a couple of old straps and I now have the same functionality. Being able to carry the Nelson saddlebag with a shoulder strap is also very convenient