View Single Post
Old 05-30-08, 04:07 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bizzz111
how have the "damn liberals" gotten in the way? As far as I've seen, the democratic controlled congress has been handing out the war money like it grew on trees with no sign of stopping.

However, we are getting off topic. I never said we have to control population by killing people. We need to start by changing religious doctrine to allow birth control and start giving incentives to people who don't have large numbers of children. Also, dramatically increasing education in third world countries. Highly educated people tend to have less children.
It's interesting that we're constantly asked to send aid to third-world countries because we hear stories of a family trying to feed 10-20 children on an average wage in a third world country. A good way to put this into perspective is to try to imagine trying to feed 20 children on an average wage in the US, or Australia or Europe. Chances are, the parents would probably find that difficult too. Personally, I think the aid handed to third-world countries should be tied directly to the reduction in birth rates they can achieve. The first step would be to declare that any family with more than two children is ineligible for foreign aid (apart from one-off disaster relief). Applying such a policy retrospectively could present problems, but going forward I think it's absolutely essential. Help those who take steps to help themselves, and help the planet at the same time.

That is all.