View Single Post
Old 05-30-08, 08:54 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Fitchburg: I'm in. Are you?

Those folks at NEBRA sure are fast! I bought my USAC Road license and had my upgrade to Cat 4 confirmed in less than 24 hours. That means it's time to make good on my promise (not that it actually means jack, but I want to do it). There were still some slots open in registration, so it looks like I'll be racing Fitchburg in just over a month.

Of course, my training status is a bit of a question mark, though this past week seems to indicate that I am as fast as I ever was. What that means in the biggest race in New England, who knows! And of course, a stage race is a huge leap forward for me as a racer.

Oh, whatever. I'll see you all there. I expect to have some company in my suffering. And hey, maybe I'll even do okay. I figure I'll race a couple of criteriums in the weekends before the race, get back into the groove of racing. Best not to start off after two months without racing, I suppose. I now spend every waking moment in anticipation of the release of the race bible. See you in a month!