View Single Post
Old 05-30-08, 11:56 PM
ATAC49er
Banned

Bikes: Pacific hardtail (frame only right now); Weyless SP (frame/fork right now); Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0 custom build-up (fully functional)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For god's sake...any time someone who rides says ANYthing negative about cyclist behavior, people come out in DROVES, demanding scientific proof. The 'sainted bike rider' cannot POSSIBLY be at fault -- after all, he's riding a bike, the most enlightened activity mankind can engage in!

Let me tell you something (BTW, Elkhound, good presentation here): not every bike rider is a cyclist! Every amateur nut who rides in the street against traffic needs to be cuffed upside the head; maybe it's just the part of town I live in, but the worst offenders I see on that are: a.) teen thug wanna-be's on wal-mart bmx's; and b.)old black men on cruisers. Don't jump to conclusions -- my wallet-sized family portrait will tell you I'm not racist; the facts are the facts, and this is what I see. I see almost NO women on bikes, and no one who has a greater-than-wal-mart-sales-clerk income will ride one, either. At least not for commuting.

Riding at night without lights is stupid; come on, now. I've been nearly hit WITH lights! Crosswalks/driveways are a problem, I'll grant, and both users have to share the blame. There are places where sidewalk riding is legal, but the problems remain, and they are that neither user group thinks to look out!

There ARE quite a few people who don't know the rules of the road on a bike, and really believe that they can -- and are even entitled to -- ignore laws and traffic because they don't need a driver's license or a plate for a bike. Sorry, but BOTH sides need to learn the lesson: you do NOT have ANY rights that override the next guy!

I miss the old PSA's:"Watch out for the other guy", with the sounds of screeching tires and crashing metal in the background....