View Single Post
Old 05-31-08, 06:59 PM
scoatw

Bikes: 96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
My commute on Sat morn. started out as usual at 4:10am. I checked the weather radar to see where the storms were. I saw what looked to be an open window in the storm front that stretched back to the other side of Union county. Cool, I said. Looks like I'm going to avoid getting dumped on. No such luck. I got about halfway thru my commute and ran into a wall of water. I ducked into a Hotel overhang and put my rain gear on, then continued on. That storm front was moving fast. Later I found out that it was moving at about 60mph. Anyway, the rain got worse, coming down in buckets. My feet got soaked even with the shoe covers on. So much for being water-proof. Had to dodge a few lightning bolts. Boy, those will get your attention. Made it to the BP in Linworth to get a paper, and by the time I came back out it stopped. Only to start up again as I was at work. Tis the season. The aftn ride was the usual great ride in the sun with a nice tailwind. More storms to come later.