View Single Post
Old 06-01-08, 07:47 PM
SmokinMiles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColorChange
Nice numbers guys, anything near 5 hours is good in my book.

I really had to dig deep today, much harder than I did at my 40k time trial. I took a lot of pulls, tried a 2 man breakaway ... WTF? and then had to do 2 serious, heavy duty bridges, 1 a 2-man into a 6-man group. When we finally caught them they said "Damn, we thought you guys were long gone." There is no way I would have held on if I wasn't fresh. No stinkin way. This was the hardest ride I have ever had ... by a lot!

I'm still sore and need to sleep.
It's still bugging you that you didn't ride on Saturday, isn't it??? We don't need anymore excuses We are happy for you that you had fresh legs and rode so awesomely today. We still wish you would have joined us because we think you would have loved it

Not sure how close to 5 hrs you think is good, but I managed to crank out a 5:30ish century on tired legs. (Don't have exact time...my new Cateye apparently doesn't give ride time or I'm an idiot and can't figure it out....I was a few minutes behind whitesox so I'm going by her stats) I did way better than I expected on tired legs.

Spent the day with great folks. So fun to ride with whitesox and jimmy ...both just the best. It was really nice getting to know both of you.

I am so indebted to Voldemort, Rowdy and Jimmy who pulled my tired arse through almost the entire ride. I am truly not sure I would have done the full century had I not had them helping me out. So great to hang out with you all. I know Rowdy could have put in a much faster day....he made the ride look effortless. He's like a metronome....the most consistent rider I've seen. The exact opposite of, say, Psimet speeding, sprinting along etc. THere's no controling him Voldemort, you looked way too fresh post century.

What a great day! I have grades that must be ready for tomorrow....I shudder to think what errors my students may find on their papers in this exhausted state I'm in. I am fried but it feels so good.