View Single Post
Old 06-02-08, 09:14 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the answers, everybody- I decided I`m going to order the Aeroheats. I`ll measure the depth when they come in and if it`s enough for schraders to poke through I`ll just ream them out. If not, I know there`s still a way to get by with the same tubes as spares.

At least one of my mini pumps and my floor pump work for both types, maybe all my pumps, so that isn`t an issue. With all the metal on these rims, I`m not worried about weakening it by any measurable amount just from opening the existing hole a little bit more. Teaching everyone to repair their own flats is a dandy idea that I really should have been doing- maybe I`ll get on that one more, but I`m the only regular biker in the family and the rest rarely flat, meaning few chances to teach/practice. Carrying tools, pump and tube on all the bikes is probably not a bad idea either, but I really don`t want to shell out when in all likelyhood the stuff will only get used when I`m there on one of my own bikes anyway and already carry it on all of them. Thanks again guys- I appreciate the answers.

EDIT: No problem with pressure either- the highest I use is 50 PSI in a pair of 26 x 1.5s No 23m racer-boy stuff at our house.

Last edited by rodar y rodar; 06-02-08 at 09:19 AM.