Old 10-19-04, 10:50 AM
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
if your going to use your bike in a public place, for the love of god use ether thru-bolts or kryptonite skewers...something so the average tanner brat can't just flip a QR and leave with your wheel.

Also consider doing the same with your seat, swap out teh QR clamp with a bolt-clamp.

If you want to get real nasty, and use threaddless, use a diffrent head bolt on the stem..if your stem has 8 bolts, use 8 different bolts...make the theif suffer.

It's not jsut locks, but you have to worry about it all in some areas.

As far as the lock itself...back wheel and frame. I just run it through my rear rim while it's inside the rear triangle...do not just use it on the spokes....that's bad. The rim is hell to cut through, so your good. so long as it's inthe rear triangle, which also succeeds in locking the frame down. this is how I get away with using the regular kryptolok where most people can only use the LS.

Also pick your locking point carefully. I would go for a locking point that bends under heavy pressure rather than stiff....reason is it makes leverage attacks more difficult. street signs bend...so I often lock my bike up to parking signs and such. I only use a parking meter if it's in a well lit, well populated area, and I dont leave it for very long.