Old 06-03-08, 08:20 PM
jjg1013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jinws
well, did you call right away? or did you wait a few days to report the problem.

Also, no, I don't think you are doing them a favor by doing your own adjustments. You should know "free adjustments" means take your bike in, we'll look at it and tell you what you need replaced. Just another way to rip, opps, I mean sell you stuff you can easily get anywhere. They're not gonna let that slip by. Plus, if you screw it up, then they just have more work to do to repair whatever you did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not say Bikesdirect is a good shop, let alone decent. It's just I think you are expecting too much. They are what they are. If you did any kind of search on BF, you'll know that the opinion of BD is very mixed, and all the good ones are about how cheap it is from guys who already knows how to wrench.

edit: and I said, how does he know, you don't need to tell me twice. I believe you, he's probably looking for any excuse to not give you free service.
A decent LBS would understand that he won't be there for me when the bike needs adjusting in the woods or on a bike trip and some BASIC info is not going to hurt his business but help them in the long run. It's called making the customer happy a lost art form in the retail business (which I worked in for 5 years 2 in a bike shop in CO).

No doubt about it but the even funnier part was we were discussing purchasing another set of rims and some road slicks since I do about 30% of my riding on the pavement.