View Single Post
Old 06-04-08, 10:08 AM
puppypilgrim

Bikes: Brodie Force w/ Xtracycle, Dahon Helios, Merida Folding, Pacific Carryme, Softride Classic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just joined the Xtracycle club

Before Xtracycle

After Xtracycle

Our Xtracycle was ordered by calling the 800 number on the website and arrived within 2 weeks. Putting it together took longer than I expected mainly due to cable routing and adjustments - I even had a bike friend come over to help (he builds his own mountain bikes using Santa Cruz frames and custom components).

The Brodie is a small frame which makes the setup very strong. I have to say that the whole unit feels more solid than I expected. It's strong, stable, fun with a voracious capacity for cargo. I intend to switch to Schwalbe Big Apples 2.35 tires in a week or two. Have not need to install the rollamajig that comes with the Xtracycle yet. I installed a shorter stem and a riser bar then re-used the original Brodie stem and handlebar as the stoker unit. That way both my wife and child can hold on to the bars when we go out together.

The front basket which I bought for $20 is easily detachable. I also have a front saddle bag which mounts to the handlebars too. But for short trips and the rides around the neighborhood and to the corner store, the basket's simplicity and ease of access is unbeatable.

Last edited by puppypilgrim; 06-04-08 at 11:02 AM.