Old 06-04-08, 12:02 PM
crimsonclover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
can you tell me anything about the bikes i bought?

hi there, i'm new to the whole biking scene, but i've registered here specifically to get some info on a pair of bikes i just bought.

my boyfriend and i have recently moved to colorado and have decided to start taking advantage of the beautiful weather and many bike paths in our neighborhood. being newbies, our bike search began and ended at yard sales, where we found a great pair of road bikes, but can't find anything about them online or elsewhere.

has anyone ever heard of a brand/style called numano? i assume they are vintage or classic, they're not new either way, but google searches yield no results. (or results about loafers and doctors, actually, nothing about bikes). the wheels are pretty big - 27" each. the pictures don't show it, but they're both in really good condition. the strangest thing is the brake system on the men's bike - it uses a weird (to me) cable system to lever the brakes up and down. i can only assume that they are either very rare or very crappy bikes, and i am sure that whoever manufactured them is no longer in business either way.

here's some pictures:

if anyone could tell me anything about these bikes - where they were made, a website, etc... it would be appreciated.

edit: crap, i meant to put this in the classic/vintage forum. my bad.