View Single Post
Old 10-20-04, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Too bad we men are not allowed to post on the "Women's Forum!"
Why? Because a question like this can't be answered anywhere but there, right?

As far as the incontinence problem, I don't have a lot of experience with being 50+ (since I'm not quite there yet), but I do know that cycling in general for me does make me have to go to the bathroom more frequently than normal during riding. I'm not sure why, but I always thought it was just because of the jarring nature of riding. All I do is make sure that I take stop breaks on longer rides. It really does help a lot. It's not quite the same thing as your wife's problem, but before I figured this out, I would have sudden sensations of really having to find a bathroom. But over time, I learned to identify when that would happen in my rides, and then I would make sure I was near a Starbucks or McDonald's, or at least have toliet paper on me so that if all else failed and I had to use the bushes, I can at least be partially hygenic.

If your wife is having leakage problems, there might not be much she can do but see a urologist, but if she can just get more frequent bathroom breaks, it could be the answer you're looking for.

Koffee