IronMac
Dead Men Assume...

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drafters65
Oh, and this is an inaccurate comparison to cycling. Motorcyclists are licensed to ride those vehicles by the government of Ontario, cyclists have no such licensing or governance other than that in the HTA - I'd think that's a significant 'special' difference in treatment.

erm...which means they have to pay to be on the rode meanwhile its free for us...thats pretty special treatment to me rofl...oh and we get to park on side walks without the fear of getting a ticket...hey maybe we should demand people to have a license to operate a bicycle, atleast then people will know if they are capable of riding a bicycle on the rode...itll help reassure your friends that are afraid to ride and lower accident rates...
This is one extreme that the idea of "special" treatment can bring us to and it's not something that I think any of us really want. I've heard people disparage "car-laws" as an excuse not to follow the current laws on road use, well, what do you want? Bike laws? A licensing system aimed at cyclists? No thanks.