View Single Post
Old 06-06-08, 12:40 PM
rando

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrZhuKeeper
I don't see any trouble with riding on the sidewalk. Over here in the suburbs of CA, the majority of people ride on the sidewalk. In the city, it's different, most people ride on the road where there are traffic jams.

I don't see any harm in riding on the sidewalk. I prefer to go 5-8 mph on the sidewalk, than going 15-20 mph on the road with cars zooming 35-50 mph past me and car doors suddenly opening on me. I say a combination of sidewalk and road is the best. I don't see how anyone could say riding on the sidewalk is dangerous.

I've always thought that riding on the sidewalk is the safest choice. I still do. Going 5-8 mi/hr on a busy sidewalk don't seem dangerous to me --haven't gotten me into any trouble yet. I only go 15-20 mi/hr on a sidewalk when there's no one.
this is true for me as well.

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me