View Single Post
Old 06-07-08, 05:40 PM
StuAff

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream XP '04, a Dahon Cadenza '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here here Mark- as I've said on the other thread, it was a pleasure to meet you & so many others. I'd think I'd have Wes's Moulton on balance- can't quite stretch to a Double Pylon As I've just posted in the other thread- I think they should have a race for stick-thin/overweight/indolent folder riders. Much more comedy value, and I might just win it.... Either that or the fast guys have to swap bikes with the slow ones!! How would Keith the winner done with that Strida?
And f*** me, that was hard work.....Satisfying, though, despite my pratfall.
I shall return. Aiming for midfield mediocrity instead of back of the field. With some arrangment to sort that blasted chain problem (utterly unpredictable, utterly infuriating).
Those commentators...Robert Elms is a nice enough bloke, but whichever one said 'they've got to spin their legs really fast because of those little wheels' (or some such bs) ought to be ashamed of himself. Me and the guys on Speed Pros have top ends of 125+ inches (not that I can use that except downhill....). I'm faster on my XP than my hybrid, full stop.
I know...slowcoaches v commentators, 'Amateur-Celebrity Folding Race'. That'll shut 'em up.