View Single Post
Old 06-08-08, 09:17 AM
itzme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie's entry to folding bikes

Make that a newbie to bikes, period. This is my first post, and I am green to bikes in general. I am moreso leaning towards buying a bike more than ever, and specifically, a folding bike. I have a few nominees that I hope to get some feedback on. Most are entry level bikes. I plan to just ride this around the neighborhood for fun, and occasionally longer distances. I plan to get one for my SO (~5'7, 140lbs), as his birthday gift, and one for myself (5'2, 98lbs). I'd prefer to get us the same model, but if it must differ I suppose it's ok.

I'm thinking since we're both starters, we can go for entry level bikes, such as:

- the Citizen bikes- 16"
- 2008 Dahon Boardwalk (only 25lbs?)- 20"

But as I read further from this forum, I am also considering one that is pricer than the former bikes:

- 2007 Dahon Curve D3- 16"

My budget is nowhere near impressive, so I have to put a cap at roughly $350 per bike (sorry, poor college student here). I hear so many great comments about the Dahon Curve D3, so I may fork up $400 for it, and that's really pushing it. Any advice, or other suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance and it's nice to meet you all!

Last edited by itzme; 06-08-08 at 09:23 AM.