View Single Post
Old 06-09-08, 10:37 AM
puppypilgrim

Bikes: Brodie Force w/ Xtracycle, Dahon Helios, Merida Folding, Pacific Carryme, Softride Classic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just added white and red LED lights for night riding in the city (more for cars to see you since the streets are lit). Those single LEDs are wickedly bright!

I also added Zefal Toe Cups. These are similar to strapless toe clips but fit like a cup over the toe of your shoe. Easy to get in, easy to get out. Especially important on a cargo bike to prevent tipping over. I can pull up with these yet be able to shift my foot for comfort while cycling. Makes for a smoother cadence without the feet bouncing off the pedals under exertion. Very, very happy with the Zefal toe cups. Previously I was considering a dual strap toe clip setup that would not have looked as tidy and would have been more expensive than the Zefal. There are lower priced imitations of the Zefal that are made with cheap plastic. These do NOT provide the strength and climbing ability of the Zefal. Get the Zefal ones if you intend to try toe cups.