View Single Post
Old 06-10-08, 01:55 AM
JesPiddlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
We got up to maybe 12 -13 on a slight down hill It felt a little tippy. Maybe 10 on a flat, if you can keep the people in back pedaling. Which I can never do.
What kind were you riding to feel a little tippy? Sounds like one of the surrey limo's. They're cute. Anyone got a clue how fast they can go and how well they ride? They look rather slow, even though 2 can pedal on each row.

We are considering a Rhoades Car, too. 4/4 Only 2 people can pedal. We want the 4 person so we can take the grandkids, the in-laws, haul wood, groceries, etc..

Someone asked why such a bulky vehicle. (basically)

My response: Extreme visibility and great for toting things. We will be riding mostly on country roads that are 45-50 mph and we will be riding for trips to work, grocery, etc.. I want to be SEEN and not run over. I prefer to ride toward the oncoming traffic, so I can see if I need to get off the road... BUT, since it's not the legal way to ride, even with rear-view mirrors, I can't always be looking behind me. I want to make sure I am seen at a far enough distance that I will be less apt to be run over, accidentally. I dont' know how many bicycles I have almost run over, due to not seeing them until the last minute. Folks put all their reflectors on and I only see them when I'm about to run them over, or if I'm coming at their side. With the gasoline prices, this could easily become our primary transportation.

Does anyone know of a faster and lighter-weight 2 person quad with 4 person capability? We live in hilly terrain (around Tulsa, OK) and since we're figuring this might become our primary transportation...

I found and prefer the Cozy Cycle to any other brand, but can't reach the folks by e-mail and the voice mail has been full for a long time. It looks lighter and easier to ride and tote kids. I'm not too sure about in-laws, though. Anyone know what happened to this company?

Another issue I'm concerned about is that I prefer chain guards and a lot of the quads don't come with them. I can be dangerous with a bike chain! Any suggestions?

I definitely would like to see more on this thread, so we can make the best educated guess possible, when we order our quad. We really need to get something ordered, soon, so we'll have it by mid-August, at the latest.

Thanks for any help possible. I know I didn't start this thread, but would really appreciate every little bit of honest feedback from experienced quad riders.