View Single Post
Old 06-12-08, 08:27 AM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by neilfein
The fold: Unfolding it takes a bit of time, most of which I spend getting the handlebars straight. That's a flaw in design. How else would you want the bars to be but straight? Is there some way to fix this so they stay straight?

Getting the seatpost height correct for me is relatively painless. I like that my wife can quickly adjust the bike for herself as well. Maybe this'll get her to ride more?

The bar tilt seemed at first to me to be kind of a pain, yet one more thing to have to do when folding the bike. However, it's pretty easy to adjust this later on, at a red light or what have you.
Having to adjust the handle bars for height, getting them pointed straight and rotating the controls level, adjusting the seat post height and rotation - is what drives me crazy about the fold of my Dahon Speed D7 and also what sold me on getting a Tikit. They could use keys on the seat post and stem to keep them aligned and that would remove two fiddly steps in unfolding the bike.

I have to say that once you get the bike unfolded it rides quite well if you fit the non-adjustable size of the frame.