Old 06-12-08, 12:19 PM
adamtki

Bikes: Soma cyclocross with Bionx PL500HS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oshawaebiker
It seems you are missing the point of this thread. It is not about whether e-bikes are good or bad but about respect and courtesy.
It does not matter what board we are on. The anti e-bike crowd seem to get there and the cycle starts all over again. I am not exaggerating.
Adamthi you are either anti e-bike totally or just anti scooter style. First if you are talking scooter style, they are road bikes not trail bikes and I would not even attempt to use it off road.
2/ I do not know about where you live, but in Ontario it is illegal to ride any bike , except childrens bikes, on the side walk.
3/ I can pedal if I have to but that is not the point of this design.and don't give me that then it is not a bicycle crap. It has gotten very old and tired.
4/ As for accessories what else do you require. Scooter style are already fully equipped. As far as accessorizing I have saddle bags, cycle computer, tool kit.
5/ Yes you can lock it too a bike rack.
6/ As far as bus racks are concerned not an issue, ours don't have them.
7/ Yes you can change a flat in the field. Did so 2 weeks ago rear hub motor took 22 minutes to completion.
8/ In Ontario e-bikes are the only electric vehicle that are legal on the road.

Lets stop the bickering and try to get along. Also try to be more informed about what you are saying rather than just reiterating others rhetoric and personal bias's.

If you can keep it on the roads and off the trails and sidewalks, then I'm happy. You can call it an electric bike if you want. "bike" is used loosely by people and can mean anything between a motorcycle to a tricycle.

The only part I don't get is why e-bikes like these are posted in this forum. Why not just start threads about electric scooters as well? To most people, these are much closer to scooters than they are to the traditional bicycles.