View Single Post
Old 06-18-08, 08:15 AM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by x136
My only waiting-in-the-wings bicycle projects at the moment are figuring out why the stupid bottom bracket on my fixed gear bike is clicking on every rotation (so annoying), and fixing up my folding bike so that it vaguely resembles a bike that fits me.
Re: clicking bottom bracket - Have you tried to tighten it? Sounds like the sound of aluminum rubbing against aluminum? I get that all the time...

If you need any help on the Mini, let me know. I've put a stem on mine to give me adequate cockpit reach, a special rear suspension mod to eliminate pogo-ing, and fortified the seatpost to give me more extension beyond the minimum insertion line. Also, I have Big Apple tires and I really like them. All are cheap (except the Big Apples) and easy mods to provide riding comfort. Only other thing I would consider now is the change the cranks for longer ones, so I don't have to spin so fast.... Here she is on a recent trip to Oregon: